How to get ready for the forest ?
The camp site is located 12km from Taï National Park’s entrance, it is approximately a two-and-a-half-hour long walk. The hike to get there is relatively easy but it requires a good physical condition to fully enjoy the walk through the forest.
The camp site being found in the heart of the primary tropical forest, there is no electricity. We therefore recommand to bring portable batteries to plug and recharge electronic devices. There is no reception on site.
Are you planning a trip to the tropical forest of the Taï National Park ? We can help you pack your bag with the most important items.
Outfit for the forest:
We are advising you to wear dark colored clothing (black, grey, khaki, brown or beige) made from cotton or polyester.
- Wellington boots (mandatory during the wet season) or waterproof high shoes
- Torch or headlamp
- Dark colored shirts, preferably long-sleeved shirts
- Dark colored walking trousers
- Dark colored waterproof backpack
Please note : Red or flashy colors are prohibited.
Outfit for the camp site :
- Flip flop or plastic sandals
- Casual outfit: shorts, dress, short-sleeved t-shirts, skirt
- Warm clothes for the evening and night depending on the season
- Preventive treatment against malaria (find out from your doctor or from your closest pharmacy)
- Mosquito repellent
From these few tips and pieces of advice, you should now have a better idea on how to get ready for your trip.